Saturday, August 4, 2012

Dance lessons by the river

My last day in Baños I was standing by a bridge to see if people were going to go ´´puenting.`` Two young locals asked me if I wanted to, and though I declined we started talking, if you could call our mixture of spanish, english, and gestures talking. Turns out that one of them was a salsa teacher, and he gave me a lesson, then I gave him a tango lesson. While I was teaching him tango his friend stood nearby with a wiffleball bat and hit him every time he messed up. Then there was a little dance off, and two of them performed a choreographed routine. They loved it when I did the moon walk, shouting ´´Michael Jackson!`` and making me break it down so that they could learn it. We did this for over an hour, and it was great to have a spontaneous interaction that was so enjoyable for everyone.

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome!!! Where are the rest of your stories?!

    ReplyDelete