Saturday, October 6, 2012

Otavalo - last day in South America

My last day in South America, and I made good use of it. I met a girl from Israel on the plane from Lima, and we decided to head north together and visit the town of Otavalo, famous for it's craft market, and some lakes about a 45 minute taxi ride outside of town.

The landscape was beautiful. The ride from Quito started in arid mountains and became greener as we approached Otavalo. The lakes are high above the town and it was quite a bit colder with less vegetation than the valley. Headed back to town, we had the great fortune to see the valley below us filled with clouds, stunning in the few rays of sun that shone through.
 







We did some bushwhacking, and I came out all covered in burrs.



The view of Quito from the hostel.

1 comment:

  1. Great headline! Thank you for making my first day in Ecuador such an amazing day. I have a great picture of us I will upload soon when I'm back home. Thank you of the softest landing one can only hope for. I am so lucky I met you. Kisses! Liat

    ReplyDelete