Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Laguna 69

I had planned to do a 4-day trek outside of Huaraz, but due to an illness in the group and a late-night ER visit, I wasn't able to go. I couldn't have gone later, but they wouldn't refund any of my money, and I didn't feel like paying for it twice. Instead, I went on a couple of day hikes. The first was Laguna 69, a stunning blue glacial lake at 4650 meters elevation. The hike travels by two other large lakes, glaciated peaks, and lots of bovines. I felt the effects of the altitude. I was a little light-headed, sleepy, and out of breath, but I made it safely. The sight of the glowing blue lake made the trek well worth it. 

So let the photo bomb begin:

The first of many lakes



Bashful donkey

I could have sat here and looked at this view for hours. 





Made it!





No comments:

Post a Comment